Anna is a creative nurturer and lateral thinker. She is passionate about art, kids, sharing and connecting. She is a trained art educator, with a Bachelor of Art Education, majoring in painting and Educational Psychology, and a registered clinical art therapist with a Masters in Art Therapy. She has a published thesis about the benefits of working with clay and children with anxiety disorders. Anna has facilitated creative workshops for children and families for over 20 years within a range of educational and community settings. For the past 15 years she has worked with kids and teens with a range of emotional and behavioural problems. Anna currently works in Sydney as an art therapist in private practice.
Anna is also the founder of Mama Creatives, a thriving online and offline community that gives creative women a voice to share their stories, as well as;
CONNECT – with other like-minded creative mamas
SHARE – their creative story, expertise or passion
COLLABORATE – form new creative partnerships
FLOURISH – get back in touch with their core creative identity to feel a sense of purpose and fulfilment.
UPCOMING ONLINE WORKSHOP: THURSDAY 9 JULY AND WEDNESDAY 15 JULY
STORYTELLING MAGIC | ONLINE WORKSHOP
- Connect with your inner self through a visualisation at the start of the session.
- Interactive storytelling workshops where children not only share a love for cartoons, but are actively encouraged to develop their own storytelling talents!
- Students will use their imagination and creativity to create a storybook
- Opportunity for creative self expression,
- Learn about the power of images, we will use visual narrative to express emotions
- Explore how pictures can be used to communicate feelings and emotions.
- Create cartoons/small storybook about different emotions from real life or imaginary experience e.g. anger, sadness, joy, jealousy, love
- Students will be encourage to share their stories in order to stimulate communication skills, develop confidence and self esteem