UPCOMING SEPTEMBER WORKSHOPS: WEDNESDAY 7 OCTOBER @ THE FIELD ROSE BAY
- Connect with your inner self through a visualisation practice to start the day
- Focus on mindful conversations and environmental practice and how it can relate to art making. How can we reuse and recycle materials? What does up-cycling mean?
- Explore creative ways that artists have used everyday objects to create amazing artworks
- Learn joining techniques, problem solving and creative thinking
- Bring your creativity and imagination to create a beautiful piece of sculpture with found objects and recycled materials
- 3D Sculpture making, learning joining techniques
- Problem solving, imagination, creativity
Gemma Mckenzie-Booth is a Sydney-based artist and educator. She predominantly works in the areas of sculpture, performance and installation, often providing opportunities for the audience to actively engage with her work. Recent works explore the relationship between man-made and natural environments through the repurposing of recycled materials. Gemma completed a Bachelor of Visual Art (Honours) at Sydney College of the Arts with and a Master of Cultural and Creative Industries Management at the University of Technology Sydney. She also works in the areas of art education, curation and arts management and is an active member of an artist-run-initiative that presents live, interactive and experimental art.
WHAT MESSAGE/FOOTPRINT DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE IN OUR WORLD?
Working with kids for over 10 years has made me truely appreciate the value of patience. Patience for others but also yourself is something that can benefit everyone.