UPCOMING WORKSHOPS: THURSDAY 21 JANUARY 2021 @ NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN – WOOLLAHRA
- This workshop is an introduction to hand built pottery
- Work on air drying clay which allows you to work with this medium without needing a kiln to fire.
- Explore and create awareness by finding natural foliage to imprint into your clay.
- Have fun painting the pieces by using acrylic paint.
- Get inspired by an artist and explore the world of hand built pottery
- Learn practical skills on how to work with clay
- Learn how to create pinch pot
- Learn the imprint technique.
- Paint and colour your pieces using acrylic paint
I am a 21 years old artist studying fine art at the National Art School, Sydney. Growing up in the hinterland of Byron Bay I have a deep appreciation of natural world and concerns for the environment.
I find my inspiration from places I’ve been and things I have found. Found objects became an obvious choice within my art practices, from shells to wire and old books.
I strive to create innovative works by juxtaposing images and collaging ideas. I find a shared beauty in the combination of found and natural objects, offering a duality between the natural world and the growing undesired waste of humankind. With a love for learning and teaching I have a growing passion for working creatively with young children.
Through my art I want to inspire a conscious living and awareness of the resources we have at our finger tips, in order to create positive change.